Update 21 brings the long-awaited training mode along with MK 47 Mutant, Tukashi and a laser dot attachment.
A few weeks ago, we reported on the new Training Mode that would be coming to PUBG. Now, PUBG Inc. has finally made good on that promise and has delivered it in the new Update 21, that recently hit the live servers. Update 21 is quite hefty with a host of new quality of life changes as part of the FIX PUBG campaign as well as a lot of new bug fixes, so this article will deal only with the most important changes.
- The Training Mode will have 2×2 map, where you can practice all aspects of PUBG. The Training mode will feature parachute jumping practice, Close Quarter Combat maps, long distance maps, vehicle tracks and more.
- You can join through matchmaking by clicking on the “Training Mode” button in the lobby.
- When there are more than 5 players in the matchmaking queue, the session will start immediately. Players will continue to join open sessions for up to 5 minutes after they start. (Up to 20 per session).
- If there are less than 5 players in the matchmaking queue, matchmaking will continue for 5 minutes.
- If there are still less than 5 players after 5 minutes, the session will start with the original number of players present and other players cannot join the session.
- Total play time is 30 minutes.
- Players cannot drop below 1hp in Training mode.
New Weapon: MK 47
- MK47 Mutant can be acquired on all maps (Erangel, Miramar, Sanhok) through world spawn.
- MK47 Mutant is an AR weapon using 7.62mm bullets and has a 20 round capacity, which can be upgraded to 30 rounds with an extended magazine.
- The Mutant has 2 firing modes: single shot and 2-round burst.
- Almost all types of attachments can be used with the MK47, but it has no stock slot.
New Vehicle: Tukashi
- The Tukshai is a 3-person vehicle that substitutes the UAZ, Dacia and Minibus.
- The Tukshai is slower compared to the previous vehicles but fits perfectly with Sanhok’s environment.
New Attachment: Laser Sight
- Bullet spread is reduced when hip firing and soft-aiming
- The Laser Sight fits on weapons with a lower rail slot available, taking up the grip slot.
BP changes and Supply system
PUBG has introduced a new Supply System in Update 21. This system will grant rewards based on playtime as well as completing missions known as Survival Objectives. Player will level up and receive rewards once the Survival Gauge is filled.
The BP System has been restructured as well. The rewards will now be based on both, ranking and playtime. The team rewards will now be shared, and playing Solo in Squad mode will not grant four times the BP.