Dota 2 is an ever-evolving and an ever-changing game. The difference between the patches from when Dota 2 first released until now are so vast that it would feel like a whole new game if a person from 2012 played now. But sadly, time travel is not possible as of yet, and to experience what the person from 2012 would experience, you can just jump from patch 7.19 to 7.20.
Patch 7.20 brought vast changes, and not everyone was happy with some. So much so that even Valve seemed to agree, and just a day after the release of 7.20, 7.20b is out. Here are all the important changes:
- Meepo: Agility gain reduced from 2.2 to 1.4
- Meepo: Poof damage reduced from 80/100/120/140 to 70/90/110/130
- Meepo: Ransack hero steal reduced from 8/12/16/20 to 6/10/14/18
- Meepo: Level 10 Talent reduced from +15 Damage to +10
- Meepo: Level 15 Talent changed from +10% Lifesteal to +15% Evasion
- Meepo: Level 20 Talent changed from +15% Evasion to +10% Lifesteal
- Meepo: Level 25 Talent reduced from +600 Health to +400
This is a hard nerf to Meepo, who saw a tremendous jump in win rate after the patch. The Ransack has been nerfed, which was the main reason why Meepo was proving so hard to kill.
- Luna: Lunar Blessing reduced from 8/14/20/26 to 6/12/18/24
- Luna: Level 15 Talent changed from +14 Lunar Blessing Attributes to +30 Movement Speed
Luna’s Lunar Blessing change was an amazing buff for the entire team. The aura buff was changed to primary attribute buff instead of attack buff, which when added with the level 15 talent, gave +39 primary attribute bonus. Among other things, primary attribute also increases the right click damage, and for this reason, Luna became insane and her win rate skyrocketed.
- Slark: Now only steals agility when he kills the enemy himself
- Slark: Pounce leash duration from 3.5 to 2.75/3/3.25/3.5
- Slark: Pounce leash range from 325 to 350
- Slark: Shadow Dance cooldown increased from 60 to 80/70/60
- Slark: Level 20 Talent reduced from +3s Pounce Leash to +2s
After 7.20b, Slark is still buffed as compared to 7.19. With the exception of pounce being overridden by force staff, the permanent agility steal even with this change is still formidable.
- Drow: Base agility increased by 4
- Drow: Precision Aura increased from 20/36/52/68% to 20/40/60/80%
Drow was the hero that received the hardest nerf, possibly even removing her from the Meta for a long while. With the ultimate and Precision Aura only affecting attack speed rather than agility, Drow is now in a sorry state. This buff looks to increase her viability a little bit.
- Storm Spirit: Electric Vortex duration from 1/1.5/2/2.5 to 1.4/1.8/2.2/2.6
- Storm Spirit: Electric Vortex cooldown from 21/20/19/18 to 22/20/18/16
- Storm Spirit: Overload attack speed reduction from -50 to -80 (matches movement speed now)
This was the hero which was missing from the 7.20 patch entirely. I am not sure whether that was intentional or Icefrog just forgot about him, but here he is. Storm Spirit is stronger than ever, and Sumail is probably celebrating.